Welcome back to Sweet Machine Fitness.
Today I would like to share with you another chicken recipe: Baked Buffalo Chicken.
If you’ve known me for any time you’ll know that since I was a little kid, I’ve always liked my food a bit more spicy than the average person. I love a good assortment of hot sauces, and probably put way too much of it on everything. With that being said, this recipe is a great way to take care of my spicy food cravings, as well as meet my daily requirements of muscle building protein. Coated in sorghum or coconut flour (both gluten free) and pan fried in butter before baking, this takes care of breaded crispy breaded chicken tender cravings too.
Check it out.
You will need:
- 2 chicken breast cut in half
- 1 tbsp sorghum or coconut flour
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 1/4 cup red hot (or favorite sauce)
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Put flour onto plate and rub chicken breast in it to coat.
- Sear chicken breast in skillet for 2 mins per side. when finished, place into glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- While chicken is searing, put remainder of ingredients into microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 30 seconds or so, enough to melt the butter. Mix well.
- Pour sauce onto chicken in glass baking dish and place into oven. Cook for 25-30 mins, or until chicken is cooked to 165F at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy with some carbs and veggies
Step by step with pictures:
First, oven will need to be preheated to 450F. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in cast iron skillet, slice chicken breast in half lengthwise, and coat with sorghum or coconut flour.
Next I’ll cook the chicken up in the butter, about 2 mins per side. I like em crispy. For even less calories, use cooking spray rather than butter. They won’t be as crispy but it’ll still be good.
As the chicken is searing, I’ll make up my buffalo sauce by adding the remaining ingredients to a glass dish, microwaving for 30 seconds, and mixing well.
Next I’ll put the chicken into a glass baking dish, and cover completely in the buffalo sauce.
I’ll cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
Let cool a bit and serve this delicious juicy baked buffalo chicken. Some carbs and veggies will make this a complete meal.
Calories and macros:
Serving size: 2 breast halves
Big chicken fan? If you would like more check out our spinach and gouda stuffed chicken breasts for another delicious protein packed chicken recipe. And keep checking back because there’s a lot more to come!
P.S. Check out our “ABOUT” page, it may be a few weeks late but finally updated