Looking for a healthy and delicious way to get more protein and veggies into your diet and not break the bank? Give our 5 ingredient healthy baked fajitas a try.
You will need:
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or steak)
- 3 colored bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning mix
- Corn tortillas (they’re gluten free!)
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Slice bell peppers, onions, and chicken or steak and put in a large bowl.
- In a cup, mix olive oil and taco seasoning mix. Pour atop of peppers, onions, and meat, stirring so everything is covered.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour so that flavor soaks in.
- After an hour, preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray, and add mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until peppers and onions are soft and internal chicken temp reads 165F.
- Allow to cool for a bit and enjoy atop of rice, on a corn tortilla, or even over pan fried potato chunks
Step by step with pics:
First, you’ll want to chop up your peppers, onions, and chicken or steak, and put into a large bowl. In a glass, mix olive oil and packet of taco seasoning and pour atop of fajita mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour so flavors can soak into meat.
After hour is up, preheat over to 350F. Pour fajita mixture into a glass baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how big your chunks of meat are. Peppers and onions should be soft, and meat should be thoroughly cooked with an internal temperature of 165F.
Allow to cool for a bit and enjoy! This dish goes great atop of rice, fried potatoes, on a corn tortilla, or even just on its own.
Sour cream, guac, cheese, and salsa optional make a great addition 😉
Calories and Macros:
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Train hard, rest and recover harder, and eat big this holiday season! And as always feel free to share this recipe with a friend looking for a delicious way to get some healthy protein into their diet.