Craving some buffalo wings and blue cheese but don’t feel like going out? Check out my Buffalo Ranch Chicken Fries, combining a homemade buffalo sauce, protein filled chicken breast, and probiotic rich blue cheese, all atop a mound of delicious (and much more healthy!) homemade baked french fries.
This recipe was actually a creation that I came up with yesterday, when dealing with weeklong Bdubs cravings I had been having. And trust me, it does not disappoint.
You will need:
- 2 cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 cup favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low fat cheddar
- Bolthouse farms yogurt ranch (1 tbsp per serving)
- Himalayan pink salt
- Blue cheese (I say optional but its a must for me! 1 oz per serving)
- Diced hot peppers
For the fries:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- As oven heats up, cut up potatoes french fry style. I actually have a french fry cutter so that makes life much easier!
- Put into bowl and toss with 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- Lay out onto cooking sheet and sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt
- Bake 25-30 min, depending on how crispy you like them
For the buffalo chicken:
- While fries cook, dice cooked chicken into small pieces and put into bowl
- Mix 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, 1/4 cup of hot sauce, and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in cup and microwave so that butter melts. Mix well.
- Pour sauce over chicken and mix it up!
Putting it all together:
- Top cooked french fries with a layer of buffalo chicken, then a layer of shredded cheese
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese melts
- Remove from oven, drizzle yogurt ranch, and top with blue cheese
- Let cool and serve
Step by step with pics:
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut up potatoes like french fries. Put in a large bowl, add oil of you choice, and sprinkle with a bit of Himalayan pink salt. Lay out on a pan and get these cooking! It’ll take 23-30 mins depending on oven time and how thick the fries are cut.
While fries cook dice or shred precooked chicken and put into a bowl. It’s always helpful to have cooked meat on hand to make weekly meal prep easier!
Add hot sauce, butter, and vinegar to a microwave safe cup or bowl and nuke until butter melts.
Pour buffalo sauce onto chicken in bowl and give that a good mix.
Once fries are done, take out of oven and load up with chicken and cheese. Put back in oven long enough for cheese to melt.
Once cheese is melted and the food is cooled down enough to eat, top with 1 tbsp of Bolthouse Farms ranch and a serving of blue cheese. Enjoy this appetizer like meal.
Calories and Macros
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
With intermittent fasting I’ll enjoy a double or even triple portion. So good.
For more ways to make bland chicken taste delicious check out our:
Plus keep checking back for much more to come.
Thanks for the read and if you liked this recipe give us a share! Until next time.