Here at Sweet Machine Fitness we love our pancakes. And while pancakes are usually thought of as a big cheat from your typical nutrition plan, these pancakes are healthy, made from a gluten free and possibly DHT increasing flour, a vitamin and potassium packed banana, and eggs which are a complete protein. They’re super simple to make as well, with only a few ingredients.
You will need:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 eggs
- splash of water
- Cooking spray
- Real butter
- Diced apples or banana
- Macadamia nuts
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, mash up banana.
- Add 2 eggs and whip up.
- Add sorghum flour and mix.
- Put splash of water in and mix well. It doesn’t take much, just running it under running water for half a second is enough to get it to be the right consistency.
- Spray pan and pour half of mixture into pan and cook for a few minutes. When bottom of pancake is at desired brownness give that baby a flip and finish cooking.
- Remove from pan and put onto plate. Repeat step 6 with the rest of the mixture.
- Top with something sweet, let cool a minute or so and enjoy
Step by step with pictures:
I start by heating up a cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. I don’t like those nonstick skillets nor do I like using plastic utensils because of the BPA and other chemical contents. While skillet heats, Mash up a banana in a large bowl.
Whip up banana with two whole eggs. I like free range of course because a chicken that gets more sun is a healthier one.
Next I’ll add my 1/2 cup sorghum flour to the mixture and mix well.
At this point the mixture is a little thicker than normal pancake batter, so on the way to the oven I’ll add a splash of water to the recipe. It doesn’t take much, just a second under the water will make it the right consistency. Here I’ll mix my batter one more time.
Next I’ll spray my heated skillet and pour half of my mixture in there. I let sit for a couple minutes until the bottom is browned, then I’ll give it another flip and cook the other side. After a couple minutes it can be taken off of the skillet and put on a plate. I repeat the process is with the rest of the batter and served topped with delicious organic butter and doused with raw honey. I’ll usually scramble up a few more eggs or some bacon to eat along with these pancakes as well, making for a delicious meal.
Calories and Macros
Serving size: 2 pancakes (entire mixture) not including toppings
Thanks for reading!