What’s better than a slice of warm delicious chocolate banana bread on a cold winter day? A slice of warm delicious macro friendly banana bread made from 100% healthy ingredients.
I came home from work today to find that my lovely wife had been doing some more kitchen experimentation and came up with a new healthy treat to share with the family. And not only that, she also took pictures and figured up macros so we could share it from our family to yours, via SweetMachineFitness.com. Tis’ the beauty and blessing of sharing your life with a woman who is just as into fitness and healthy cooking as you are.
So do yourself a favor, next time you have a craving for a sweet pre workout treat, cook up your own batch of our healthy chocolate banana loaf (or even have the lovely lady of your life help you out) and give it a try. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed 😉
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oat flour (blend 1 cup of oatmeal into a powder)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened 100% cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 5×9″ baking dish.
- Blend up your cup of oats set aside.
- Blend together banana and egg whites and pour into large mixing bowl. Mix together with applesauce.
- Add in all other dry ingredients, minus half of the dark chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into baking dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Bake for one hour.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool. Cut into 10 equal sized pieces and serve!
Step by step with pics:
First, blend up a cup of oatmeal to make oat flour. Set aside.
Next, blend bananas and egg whites together and put into a large mixing bowl along with the applesauce.
Add all dry ingredients to the bowl, minus 1/2 of the chocolate chips and mix it all together.
Spread evenly into your baking dish, and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for one hour.
Let cool and cut into 10 equal sized slices. Enjoy! I ate mine warm topped with organic butter for a delicious pre workout treat
Calories and Macros:
Serving size: 1 slice
Train hard and eat harder! And don’t forget to share this recipe with a friend.