Looking for a delicious new way to hit your daily protein needs? Give our high protein meatloaf muffins with sweet ketchup glaze a try! This recipe will easily fit into anyones macros, with each meaty muffin providing your body with close to 30 grams of quality muscle building protein, hormone friendly saturated and monounsaturated fats, carintine, zinc, and selenium amongst plenty of other micronutrients all for just under 300 calories.
Let’s get started.
You will need:
- 2.25 lb ground beef (we used 90% lean)
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 can Tomato paste
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 eggs
Sweet ketchup glaze:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- Sauté garlic and onions in a cast iron skillet with a bit of butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C) and lightly grease 10 cups of a muffin tin with coconut oil or butter.
- In bowl, mix all ingredients minus ketchup and brown sugar, which will be used to make a sweet glaze. Press even sized portions of meatloaf mixture into the 10 muffin tin cups.
- Put in oven for 50 mins. While meatloaf cooks, mix together 1/3 cup of ketchup with 1/4 cup of light brown sugar. If you want to make a spicier sauce, add a dash of cayenne pepper or a splash of your favorite hot sauce to the mix.
- After 50 mins, remove meat loafs from the oven and paint tops with the brown sugar and ketchup glaze. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven, let cool a bit, and enjoy these go great with baked potato or sweet potato wedges (recipes coming soon!!).
Step by step with pics:
Start by sautéing diced onions and garlic in your cast iron skillet. While garlic and onions and onions cook, preheat oven to 350F (177C) and lightly grease 10 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil, butter, or cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together meat, quick oats, sautéed onions and garlic, tomato paste, egg, salt, and pepper with your hands.
Press equal portions of meat mixture into 10 muffin tin cups like so, and put into oven for 50 mins.
While meatloaf muffins cook, make up the sweet ketchup glaze by mixing together 1/3 cup of organic ketchup with 1/4 cup of lightly packed light brown sugar. If you’re a fan of spicier foods, you can add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce to the mix or even some cayenne or chili powder.
After 50 minutes, carefully take out of oven and paint meatloaf muffins with your glaze. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Allow to cool for a bit and very carefully pull muffins out of your tin. I had to go around with a fork and separate each one from the sides so they didn’t stick. Enjoy your high protein dish along side fresh baked fries or sweet potato wedges
Calories and Macros:
Serving size: 1 muffin
Enjoy!! And be sure to share this recipe with a friend!