Looking for a quick, convenient, muscle building meal that’s also testosterone friendly to make tonight? You’ve come to the right place.
Hey guys welcome back! Today I’d like to share one of my newest kitchen creations with you, the one pan chipotle beef and rice.
I came up with this recipe last week when I was short on time and needed a healthy post workout meal that could be made, eaten, and cleaned up in about an hour. I busted out my trusty cast iron skillet, as many delicious muscle building ingredients as I could find, and threw them together into this one pan of flavor packed deliciousness. I’ve made it a couple times since then too, eating half of the recipe in a sitting and saving the other half for later, making this a quick easy make ahead meal for meal prepping too.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it acts as a good base so you can change things up if you get bored and want something new! You can always use shredded chicken or ground turkey in place of the beef, throw some eggs in, top with bacon, add a can of beans if you’d like, switch up the seasonings, etc. I like the simplicity and meals like this fit the bill.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
You will need:
- 1 lb grass fed beef (I used 85% lean to keep the testosterone boosting saturated and monounsaturated fats)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups beef cooking stock
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- Chipotle chili pepper
- Pink salt
- Sauté diced onion and garlic in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in beef and stir until brown.
- Add in seasonings and salt. I didn’t put a specific amount because I kinda just add seasonings to taste!
- Stir a cup of rice into the pan, along with the beef cooking stock.
- Increase heat to high until beef broth begins to boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to low, just above a simmer.
- Let simmer until rice is cooked and soft (should take around 25-30 minutes).
- Stir in lime juice, as much cilantro as you’d like (the more cilantro the more flavor), and additional seasonings if the flavor isn’t quite right. Cheese, salsa, avocado, and sour cream make a great topping too if you like!
- Allow to cool a bit and enjoy! This recipe will feed 4 people or 1-2 super saiyan eaters.
Calories and Macros
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
If you like this meal don’t forget to share it! Food selfies tagged #sweetmachinefitness would be appreciated too 😉
Thanks for the read and God Bless!