Hey guys, welcome back to Sweet Machine Fitness.
For today’s recipe, I’d like to introduce you to one of our favorite flexible side dishes, the Garlic Parmesan Crusted Face Down Potatoes. This recipe was actually given to me from a lady I work with and it was so good I wanted to share it with everyone on here too. Trust me, they’re so good eating just one is a near impossibility!
Oh and this recipe contains potatoes and butter, 2 of my 7 foods I don’t go without from my article from Monday, so if you haven’t checked out that article give it a read!
You will need:
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Pink or sea salt
- Bolthouse farms greek yogurt ranch dressing
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash potatoes and cut lengthwise.
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter into glass baking dish and evenly coat.
- Add parmesan cheese and garlic to your liking.
- Put potatoes facedown in baking dish so that the skin side is facing up.
- Top with salt and bake for 25-30 mins, or until potatoes are softened.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Don’t touch for about 5 mins or else parmesan crust will fall off.
- Flip over and enjoy with a good protein source
Step by step with pics:
First, preheat oven to 450F. As oven heats up, wash the potatoes and cut lengthwise.
Melt 3 tbsp of butter and spread evenly across glass baking dish.
Add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan and garlic (I use a lot), then put potatoes facedown in dish.
Top with some pink or sea salt, and then get these bad boys in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
Remove from oven and allow to cool and top with a little more parmesan if you want. Be sure and let sit for at least 5 minutes or else the parmesan crust will fall off!
After 5 minutes or so flip them over. Take a look at that crust! So good.
I ate mine with some eggs and topped with ranch but these also go great with spinach and gouda stuffed chicken or a bacon cheeseburger salad. Either way they’ll make a great side for whatever the main course!
Calories and macros:
Serving size: 1 potato half-good luck! 😉
Hope you like these as much as we do here! Thanks for stopping by.