Hey guys, welcome back!
Today I’d like to share with you yet another variation of my gluten free sorghum pancakes: The Sweet Machine Fitness Gluten free Pacos.
You will need:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces of bacon
- splash of water
- Cooking spray
- More raw honey
- Real Maple syrup
- Hot sauce
- Hash browned potatoes
- Anything else that goes good at breakfast time
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, mash up banana.
- Add 2 eggs and whip up.
- Add sorghum flour, honey and mix.
- Put splash of water in and mix well. It doesn’t take much, just running it under running water for half a second is enough to get it to be the right consistency.
- Spray pan and pour half of mixture into pan and cook for a few minutes. When bottom of pancake is at desired brownness give that baby a flip and finish cooking.
- Remove from pan and put onto plate. Repeat step 6 with the rest of the mixture and set to the side.
- While skillet is hot, cook up 4 slices of bacon per instructions on package. Set on a plate with a paper towel to soak up grease
- Scramble 2 eggs and set aside.
- Top each pancake with 2 pieces of bacon, a scrambled egg, and any other toppings of choice.
- Pick up and eat like a taco. Enjoy
Step by step with pics:
First, heat up a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. I’m pretty specific when I say to use a cast iron skillet, as nonstick skillets load your meal with BPA among other chemicals known to reduce testosterone.
Next, we’re going to need to whip up some pancake batter. In a large bowl, mash up a banana. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Add sorghum flour, honey, and a shot of water.
Spray pan with cooking spray and add half of the pancake mixture. When firm and at desired brownness, give it a nice flip to cook both sides. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
While skillet is still hot, prepare your delicious bacon per instructions on package. Set aside on a paper towel to catch the extra grease.
Scramble up two eggs and set aside. Now to make our tacos.
Top each pancake with 2 slices of bacon, a scrambled egg, and whichever other toppings you’d like.
I topped mine with ketchup, raw honey, and hot sauce. Yeah I know it sounds weird but everyone knows breakfast foods taste best when mixed all together.
Calories and Macros:
Serving Size: 1 paco
I say one Paco per serving but my eating schedule allows me to eat a double portion per meal and still have enough room for a couple giant meals ranging anywhere from 500-2000 calories later in the day and still be at maintenance calories for the day. The beauty of a good combination of fasting and flexible dieting.
Oh and for less fat and cholesterol, eggs and turkey bacon can be subbed in for the whole eggs and pork bacon. I know everyone is different so what works for keeping my physique in check might not work for everyone else! Find what works best for you.
Train hard and eat even harder! Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to share this recipe with a friend in need of a good high test boosting post workout meal.
P.S. We have a Facebook page now up and running so give us a like!