Looking for a good way to sneak more veggies into your diet and satisfy your junk food cravings at the same time? Give our spicy garlic and buffalo cauliflower bites a try.
You will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 2 tbsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of pink or sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a microwave safe bowl or cup, melt 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add 2/3 cup buffalo sauce, 2 tbsp tabasco sauce, and all seasonings. Mix well.
- Break up cauliflower florets into a large bowl. Pour sauce atop and stir up so that every piece is covered.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and spread sauced up cauliflower evenly across. Put in oven.
- Cooking times will vary, but when I made these they took just around a half hour. Keep checking them and poke with a fork to see when they are cooked through. Carefully remove from oven.
- Let cool for a bit and enjoy Dip in ranch or blue cheese or just enjoy them on their own.
Step by step with pics:
Preheat oven to 375F.
First, we need to make our buffalo sauce. In a microwave safe bowl or cup, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add 2/3 cup of red hot sauce, 2 tbsp of Tabasco, and all of the seasonings. Mix it up. This will be a bit spicier than your traditional buffalo sauce with the inclusion of the Tabasco and cayenne pepper, so if you like a milder sauce use more red hot sauce. You can also spice it up more with a dash or habanero sauce as well.
In a large bowl, break up the head of cauliflower-
-and cover with our homemade spicy garlic buffalo sauce.
Mix with a big spoon so that all pieces are covered.
Spread evenly across a sprayed cooking sheet and put into oven. Oven times will vary but if took 30 minutes for ours to cook. Check with a fork to make sure they’re cooked all the way through and starting to crisp up. Not too crispy though, we don’t want to over cook them.
Carefully remove from the oven and allow to cool. These can be topped with sour cream, ranch, blue cheese, or simply eaten on themselves for a spicy delicious low calorie treat!
Calories and macros:
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!