Welcome back. One month of blogging and going strong! Just wanted to check in and let you know that big things are happening here at Sweet Machine Fitness. This past month I’ve realized that while I initially started this site as a men’s health site, not everyone in our audience is into stuffing their faces with thousands of calories at a time, following intermittent fasting, and looking to raise testosterone, as a big chunk of our followers are well.. female. Today I would like to introduce a new section of our site including recipes, workouts, and articles designed for women, written and published by my better half Rhianna aka FitMamaRhi. Hope you enjoy her first recipe article! Be on the lookout for new content there is tons to come!
Thank’s for stopping by! I’m Rhi wife of Sweet Machine Fitness.
Here is one of my favorite go to meals and a satisfying dessert for when I’m craving something sweet-and boy do I have a sweet tooth. Here’s to the first of many more recipes and posts to come! Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave me a comment and suggestions for recipes you would like me to make a healthier version of! One thing you should know about me is I have lots of allergies so you will find many gluten and nut free recipes (many dairy free too!).
The main course: Grilled chicken summer salad
This recipe is a good example of VOLUME FOODS, loaded with low calorie veggies to fill up on. This will help keep you fuller longer without too many added calories, as well as the added benefit of adding nutrients.
Items you’ll need:
- 4 oz pre cooked organic chicken (cooked one two pound package in 1 tbsp butter to brown meat, pink Himalayan sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste)
- 2 cups romaine salad mix
- 1 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp bolt house farms yogurt ranch(45 calories for 2 tbsp, what a DEAL!)
This one is easy!
- Put salad mix into large bowl
- Slice strawberries to perfection and add to salad
- Top with chicken, feta, and yogurt ranch
Calories and macros for grilled chicken summer salad:
Serving size: 1 salad
LETS TALK DESSERT: Chocolate protein frosting.
While this does require a specific brand of protein, I guarantee you will fall in LOVE with this brand.
What you will need:
- 1 scoop PEScience chocolate frosted cupcake protein powder
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetend cacao powder (You can sub cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp of water (Tip: You want to add this in SLOWLY. You may need more or less)
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Add vanilla extract
- Add water in slowly mixing 1 tbsp at a time until reaching desired texture
You can eat this right after mixing or for better taste and texture chill for 2-3hrs or over night.
Calories and macros for Chocolate Protein Frosting:
Serving size: entire frosting mixture
This protein frosting can be enjoyed by itself, on rice cakes, put on a mug cake, or used on gluten free toast.
I would suggest eating these as two separate meals, as eating them together puts over 400 calories and 58 grams of protein which I think is a little heavy for just one sitting. One serving of protein frosting does go a long way so you can always just enjoy a few bites to satisfy that sweet tooth and save the rest for later.
Thanks for reading! And be on the lookout for my @Home Bodyweight 6 week workout ebook series/challenge for beginners, and also those advanced, as well as a 6 week ebook utilizing bands and dumbbells. Much more to follow! I’ll keep you posted!
You can also follow me on instagram: SweetMachineFitness