I’m sure your first thought with anything involving taco meat and french fries is more than likely grease, definitely not healthy, and probably that they’re a cheat meal that shouldn’t be eaten too often. I know if it were a few years ago I would have.
But hear me out. With whole food ingredients such as vitamin packed beef, potatoes, and avocado, and being baked rather than deep fried, these taco fries are pretty darn nutritious. And like most of my recipes on here are actually are made from foods that have been shown to increase testosterone levels naturally which is always a big plus in my book. They taste awesome too so its a win/win, especially for a man trying to build muscle and increase his anabolic hormones through diet and lifestyle.
You will need:
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 90%)
- 6 big potatoes
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Stevia or sugar
- Hot sauce
- optional: 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
For the fries:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- As oven heats up, cut up potatoes french fry style. I actually have a french fry cutter so that makes life much easier!
- Put into bowl and toss with 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Lay out onto cooking sheet and sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt
- Bake 25-30 min, depending on how crispy you like them
- Remove from oven
- Brown 1 lb ground beef in preheated cast iron skillet while fries are cooking. Sauté until no longer pink.
- Drain a bit of the fat, but I’ll keep some in for liquid to mix my seasonings.
- Add seasonings and juices to taste. I like mine sweet and spicy, so lots of stevia and hot sauce are a must!
Putting it all together:
- Once fries and meat are both cooked, put the meat atop the pan of fries and add cheese and diced avocados.
- Put back into oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, let cool a couple mins and enjoy 🙂
Step by step with pics:
Preheat oven to 400F. While oven heats up, cut potatoes up french fry style. Put into a large bowl, toss with 3 tbsp olive oil or 3 tbsp melted coconut oil. Coconut oil is a saturated fat as opposed to olive oil being a monounsaturated fat so its all daily goal dependent. Put onto pan and sprinkle with himalayan pink salt to taste. Throw those suckers in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
While fries are cooking I’ll fry up my ground meat. once no longer pink, I’ll drain a bit of the fat but leave some in for fluids to mix my seasonings. Here I add seasonings to taste. I like it hot and sweet, so I add plenty of stevia and hot sauce at this step. After beef is done lower heat to a simmer so it doesn’t burn.
After 25-30 minutes the fries should be done.
Top with meat, cheese, and avocado and throw back into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is good and melted. This recipe is also great with salsa, diced jalapeño, sautéed peppers and onions, etc. so its not limited to just what I have here. This was a bit of a plain version using what I had on hand. Oh and plain greek yogurt on top is a great healthy substitute for sour cream which adds some extra protein and creaminess to the recipe 🙂
Calories and Macros with no cheese:
Serving size: 1/2 recipe
Calories and Macros with cheese:
Serving size 1/2 recipe
That’s almost 1500 calories in one meal!!? Have you lost your mind???
I shoot from anywhere between 2600-3000 calories daily. With intermittent fasting, I can eat a huge meal like this one, stuff myself like a Saiyan, and still have room for a burrito bowl or some sorghum pancakes and eggs for dinner 😉 If I were eating on a typical bodybuilder split (or was a woman and ate less), I’d separate this into 4 meals and eat a smaller portion. But this works for me so I’ll stick with it.