Hey guys, welcome back to Sweet Machine Fitness! Today’s guest post is brought to you by my buddy Alex, who runs the Zero to alpha blog. After trying my sorghum pancake recipe, which aids in maintaining high testosterone levels naturally, Alex contacted me and said that he could do me one better and give me a pancake recipe that not only has the testosterone friendly effects of sorghum, but will also lower estrogen and provide the body with quality protein. I was intrigued of course, and told him I was interested to see how they turn out. When it comes to natural hormone manipulation, I know I can trust the guy-in his last blood test for testosterone he was literally off the charts! The max range in Belgium is 925ng/dl and he was somewhere well over 1000. So if you like good food as much as we do give these pancakes a shot. Enjoy!
Today I’m going to show you how you can make the T.B.E.L pancakes! The T.B.E.L pancakes are like the Luke’s sorghum pancakes but even better. It’s like the sorghum pancakes 2.0 mixed with some dynamite. T.B.E.L stands for Testosterone Boosting Estrogen Lowering. They are extremely easy to make and taste damn delicious too. This can be considered as one of my favorite meals.
You got to love the science: berries lower estrogen levels
Dark berries are the best ones you can consume because they have multiple benefits. They have 50% more antioxidants and flavonoids in comparison to other berries. So more antioxidants and flavonoids means more of quercetin and reservatrol. Both are linked to anti- estrogenic properties. Blueberries, elderberry, black currant and chokeberry are all considered dark berries.
But there’s more. The dark skin is ridiculously high in a fiber that’s called Calcium-D-Glucarate. This has the ability to bind into the estrogen molecules which are located in your intestines. They get rid of the molecules before they get absorbed in the body. (source)
You will need:
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- 2 eggs
- splash of water
- Cooking spray/butter/coconut oil/olive oil (whatever you prefer)
- Handful of Berries
- 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter
- One scoop of Protein powder (optional)
- Real butter
- Diced apples
- Macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, mash up the banana.
- Add the 2 eggs and whip up.
- Add sorghum flour and protein powder (if you use it, chocolate flavor makes them taste great) mix.
- Take some water, add two tablespoons of peanut butter. Mix it till it’s completely fluid.
- Put the mixture in, add some blueberries and mix well.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Spray pan and pour half of mixture into pan and cook for a few minutes. When bottom of pancake is at desired brownness you try to do the fancy pancake flip and drop it on the floor. You could also just flip them in a normal way so you could actually eat them.
- Remove from pan and put onto plate. Repeat step 6 with the rest of the mixture.
- Top with something sweet (I like to top it with honey, some more blueberries and butter), let cool a minute or so and enjoy.
Step by step with pictures:
First, mash banana in a bowl
Add the two eggs and mix really well with a fork
Add the ¾ cup of sorghum flour be sure to add your protein powder as well if you use it
Mix the peanut butter in some water
Throw the peanut butter mixture and a couple handfuls of blueberries into the other mixture and mix it up till you’ve got a pancake batter
Add some oil/butter/coconut oil/non- stick cooking spray to the pan and pour in some batter. Cook until it’s nicely brown and firm. Flip the pancake and brown the other side.
Top it off with one of your favorite toppings and you’ll be good to go!
Calories and macros (with protein powder):
Serving size: 1/2 mixture
(maybe) Till next time